Who we are
Our website address is: http://www.dramscotland.co.uk
Media World Ltd, publisher of DRAM Scotland, welcomes you to our website.
The privacy of your personal data is important to Media World Ltd, publisher of DRAM Scotland. The following sets out what we do and what we do not do with the information we collect using this website.
We gather information that relates to, and can identify you (e.g. your name and address when you register on the site) and information that does not identify you (e.g. a visitor’s behaviour patterns when they visit our website). We collect information that does not identify you to evaluate our site, ensure that our site and services run properly and ensure we are paid for advertising services we offer. We may update this policy from time to time.
How do we gather information?
Information is collected in two ways:
- Indirectly eg using website the website
- Directly eg when you buy a subscription or register on the website or when responding to promotions and offers etc.
How we process it
We will always process your personal information on lawful grounds and in particular on the grounds set out below:
• Performance of a Contract/Service – if we supply goods or services to you, or receive goods or services from you, we need to be able to contact you and to record any work performed for invoicing purposes. This information is likely to include your name, contact details and payment details, information about your business and any additional information we may need to help meet your specific requirements.
• Legitimate Interest – on the basis that it is in our legitimate interest to do so, we may use your name and contact details to tell you about our own products and services which we think may be of interest to you. You can ask us to stop doing so at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Consent – we may ask your consent to share your name and contact details with selected third parties so that they can tell you about their products and services [events, campaigns etc].
• Legal Obligation – we may also disclose your personal data without your permission to the extent that we are required to do so by law or regulation.
Why we collect it
We collect information about you so that we can personalise your use of the site, assist your use of the site and improve the site generally. Depending upon your selections for our data protection questions we may arrange for you to be sent information about related products and services from us and carefully selected third parties.
Who we disclose it to
- We will only pass on information about you as an individual (as opposed to aggregate information) to third parties to enable us to perform services requested by you or with your prior consent.
- If you give your consent, we will pass your contact details to third parties who may then occasionally send communications to you to provide information, offers and services that may be of interest to you.
Media World Ltd is registered with the Information Commissioner in the UK as a “data controller” in accordance with the provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998.
Keeping information about you secure is very important to us and certain sections of the site may encrypt data using SSL or a comparable standard. However, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be totally secure. As a result, whilst we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information which you send to us, and you do so at your own risk.
Parts of dramscotland.co.uk and our billing process are automatic and we may process your personal data as part of dramscotland.com and the billing process.
Accessing and updating your personal information
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998 and request us to change/update this information. A small administration fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Media World Ltd, Upper Floor, 1 Stables Yard, 1103 Argyle Street, Glasgow, G3 8ND or email email@example.com.
Cookies and how they benefit you
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer or mobile phone when you browse websites.
Our cookies help us:
- Make certain functionality on the website work
- Save you having to login every time you visit the site
- Remember your settings during and between visits
- Offer you free services/content
- Improve the speed/security of the site
- Allow you to share pages with social networks such as Facebook
- Personalise our site to you to help you get what you need faster
- Continuously improve our website for you
- Collect any personally identifiable information (without your express permission)
- Collect any sensitive information (without your express permission)
- Pass personally identifiable data to third parties
If the settings on the web browser you are using to view this website are set to accept cookies we take this, and your continued use of our website, to mean that you are fine with this.
Our own cookies
- Determining if you are logged in or not
- Remembering your search settings
- Remembering if you have accepted our terms and conditions
- Allowing you to add comments to our site
- Tailoring content to your needs
There is no way to prevent these cookies being set other than to not use our site.
Third party functions
Our site, like most websites, includes functionality provided by third parties. A common example is an embedded YouTube video.
You can see third-party privacy policies on the respective websites. Disabling these cookies will likely break the functions offered by these third parties.
Social Website Cookies
So you can easily share or Like our content through Facebook, Twitter and other social channels we have included sharing buttons on our site.
The privacy policies relating to these services will vary and will be dependent on the privacy settings you have chosen on these networks.
Anonymous Visitor Statistics Cookies
|A mechanism used by our web server to identify you from other users. SESS[a-z0-9] is used on the main drum site and will only be created once you have logged in. PHPSESSID is used on the directory.|
|Google Analytics||_utma, _utmb, _utmc, _utmz, _utmv||In order to capture the popularity of our content we use google analytics to record your interactions with the site. No personal information or content collected via registration and similar forms are collected via this system. If you wish to opt out of this service you may download the official Google opt out tool|
Turning Cookies Off
Most browsers allow you to turn off cookies. To do this look at the “help” menu on your browser. Switching off cookies may restrict your use of the website and/or delay or affect the way in which it operates.
Subscribers and Email Newsletter
If you submit your details via The Drum Website, we may use this information to contact you about other relevant events and information or pass your details to other reputable companies whose products and services may be of interest to you or your company. You may unsubscribe or opt out at any point which we will action as soon as is reasonably practicable.
If you have any questions in relation to the above please contact Media World Ltd, Upper Floor, 1 Stables Yard, 1103 Argyle Street, Glasgow, G3 8ND or email news@mediaworldlt